Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Tooth decay is a result of poor hygiene. Cavities need filling before more deterioration to your tooth occurs, which is why your Miami Lakes, FL, dentists, Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri, and Dr. Osbel Borges, offers cosmetic fillings; it's a way to rejuvenate your smile and restore dental health.
Cosmetic fillings are made of plastic resin and finely ground glass-like particles. The composite resin is used to fix issues like chips and cracks, fractures, decays, discolored and stained teeth and short teeth.
Your doctor prepares your teeth by applying etching solution on your tooth's surface, then adds a composite resin matching the rest of your teeth and molds it into the necessary shape. Your doctor then hardens the filling with a curing light.
Advantages of Cosmetic Fillings
After your doctor has finished the procedure, your teeth will look natural, especially if the tooth being filled is visible while you smile. Some other advantages include:
- Unlike silver amalgam, the fillings won't cause your teeth to turn grayish over time.
- The composite strengthens your teeth, so you can enjoy your meals without having to worry about applying too much pressure.
- Your teeth will look natural, so you won't feel self-conscious when you smile.
- They are also durable and may last many years if taken care of properly.
Maintaining your Oral Hygiene
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed, and make sure to floss between every tooth and areas between teeth and gums.
- Professional dental cleanings every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums.
For more information about cosmetic fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call Drs. Cozad, Garri or Borges at (305) 827-9148 at their Miami Lakes, FL, office today!
How a teeth whitening treatment from your dentist in Miami Lakes can make you smile
Have you lost confidence in yourself because of a dull, yellow smile? Do you try to hide your smile whenever possible? Do you want a whiter smile? If you answered yes to these questions, it’s time to think about a professional teeth whitening treatment. Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri, and Dr. Osbel Borges at Allure Smile Center in Miami Lakes, FL wants to help you get confidence with a whiter smile, thanks to professional teeth whitening.
Your smile may be stained for any number of reasons. These are just a few:
- Smoking and other forms of tobacco use
- Drinking coffee, tea or red wine
- Eating berries or other foods with a dark pigment
One of the biggest culprits of a dull smile is the normal aging process. If you are older, you probably have already experienced dramatic changes in your body. The same changes happen to your smile. As you age, your tooth enamel becomes thinner and more transparent, allowing you and others to see the layer underneath the enamel. This underneath layer is called dentin, and it is normally a yellow color. As you age, dentin becomes darker and even more yellow. Dullness and a yellow cast are the hallmarks of an aging smile.
Fortunately, you can whiten your smile and get your confidence back. Our dentists provide an in-office whitening treatment that can revitalize your smile. In-office professional teeth whitening is a fantastic option for rejuvenating your smile because a teeth whitening treatment provides:
- Dramatic results; you can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades whiter.
- Long-lasting results; your white smile can last up to 5 years.
- Quick results; your whitening treatment will take about an hour.
- Safe results; in-office teeth whitening has a long history of safety and effectiveness.
- Inexpensive results; professional teeth whitening costs far less than other cosmetic dental treatments.
If your confidence is suffering from a less-than-wonderful smile, it’s time to get your confidence back with a whiter smile. For more information about professional teeth whitening and other cosmetic and restorative dental services call Dr. Cozad, Dr. Garri, and Dr. Borges at Allure Smile Center in Miami Lakes, FL today!
Versatile veneers are the ideal dental treatment for a variety of issues that can affect your appearance. Miami Lakes, FL, dentists Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri and Dr. Borges discuss the ways you can enhance your smile with veneers.
What are veneers?
Veneers cover tooth imperfections with a thin layer of porcelain. They're cemented to the fronts of your teeth, the part of the teeth where flaws are most noticeable. Some restorations, such as crowns, require more tooth structure to be removed in order to ensure a perfect fit. When you choose a veneer, we'll only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel in preparation for your new veneers. Removing this very thin layer of enamel ensures that your veneers will fit properly.
How do dentist use veneers?
Veneers are an excellent solution if you have several cosmetic problems you would like to address, such as:
- Gaps: Even slight gaps between teeth can make you feel self-conscious. Veneers cover those spaces, dramatically transforming your smile.
- Cracks and Chips: It's not uncommon to develop cracks and chips in teeth after years of constant use. Applying veneers to cracked or chipped teeth offers a simple way to conceal these minor imperfections.
- Discolorations: Teeth can become discolored for a variety of reasons. For example, you might have been given tetracycline when you were a child. Although the antibiotic was probably successful in treating your illness, it might have changed the color of a tooth. Discolorations can also occur if you injure a tooth or have a large filling. Discolorations are a common reason that many people choose veneers.
- Whitening: Teeth whitening treatment is effective but it may not get your teeth quite as white as you had hoped. Veneers offer the ability to choose the exact shade of white you want and are often used as an alternative to teeth whitening.
- Shape Issues: Just one twisted or crooked tooth can affect the uniformity of your smile. Veneers conceal issues the affect the shape of teeth and can also be used to elongate short teeth.
Ready to improve your smile with veneers? Call Miami Lakes, FL, dentists Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri and Dr. Borges at (305) 827-9148 to schedule your appointment.