Posts for: April, 2018
Tooth decay is a result of poor hygiene. Cavities need filling before more deterioration to your tooth occurs, which is why your Miami Lakes, FL, dentists, Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri, and Dr. Osbel Borges, offers cosmetic fillings; it's a way to rejuvenate your smile and restore dental health.
Cosmetic fillings are made of plastic resin and finely ground glass-like particles. The composite resin is used to fix issues like chips and cracks, fractures, decays, discolored and stained teeth and short teeth.
Your doctor prepares your teeth by applying etching solution on your tooth's surface, then adds a composite resin matching the rest of your teeth and molds it into the necessary shape. Your doctor then hardens the filling with a curing light.
Advantages of Cosmetic Fillings
After your doctor has finished the procedure, your teeth will look natural, especially if the tooth being filled is visible while you smile. Some other advantages include:
- Unlike silver amalgam, the fillings won't cause your teeth to turn grayish over time.
- The composite strengthens your teeth, so you can enjoy your meals without having to worry about applying too much pressure.
- Your teeth will look natural, so you won't feel self-conscious when you smile.
- They are also durable and may last many years if taken care of properly.
Maintaining your Oral Hygiene
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Floss at least once before bed, and make sure to floss between every tooth and areas between teeth and gums.
- Professional dental cleanings every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums.
For more information about cosmetic fillings and how they can improve the appearance of your smile, call Drs. Cozad, Garri or Borges at (305) 827-9148 at their Miami Lakes, FL, office today!