Posts for: July, 2017
Versatile veneers are the ideal dental treatment for a variety of issues that can affect your appearance. Miami Lakes, FL, dentists Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri and Dr. Borges discuss the ways you can enhance your smile with veneers.
What are veneers?
Veneers cover tooth imperfections with a thin layer of porcelain. They're cemented to the fronts of your teeth, the part of the teeth where flaws are most noticeable. Some restorations, such as crowns, require more tooth structure to be removed in order to ensure a perfect fit. When you choose a veneer, we'll only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel in preparation for your new veneers. Removing this very thin layer of enamel ensures that your veneers will fit properly.
How do dentist use veneers?
Veneers are an excellent solution if you have several cosmetic problems you would like to address, such as:
- Gaps: Even slight gaps between teeth can make you feel self-conscious. Veneers cover those spaces, dramatically transforming your smile.
- Cracks and Chips: It's not uncommon to develop cracks and chips in teeth after years of constant use. Applying veneers to cracked or chipped teeth offers a simple way to conceal these minor imperfections.
- Discolorations: Teeth can become discolored for a variety of reasons. For example, you might have been given tetracycline when you were a child. Although the antibiotic was probably successful in treating your illness, it might have changed the color of a tooth. Discolorations can also occur if you injure a tooth or have a large filling. Discolorations are a common reason that many people choose veneers.
- Whitening: Teeth whitening treatment is effective but it may not get your teeth quite as white as you had hoped. Veneers offer the ability to choose the exact shade of white you want and are often used as an alternative to teeth whitening.
- Shape Issues: Just one twisted or crooked tooth can affect the uniformity of your smile. Veneers conceal issues the affect the shape of teeth and can also be used to elongate short teeth.
Ready to improve your smile with veneers? Call Miami Lakes, FL, dentists Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri and Dr. Borges at (305) 827-9148 to schedule your appointment.