Posts for tag: teeth whitening
How a teeth whitening treatment from your dentist in Miami Lakes can make you smile
Have you lost confidence in yourself because of a dull, yellow smile? Do you try to hide your smile whenever possible? Do you want a whiter smile? If you answered yes to these questions, it’s time to think about a professional teeth whitening treatment. Dr. Ana Maderal Cozad, Dr. Jose Garri, and Dr. Osbel Borges at Allure Smile Center in Miami Lakes, FL wants to help you get confidence with a whiter smile, thanks to professional teeth whitening.
Your smile may be stained for any number of reasons. These are just a few:
- Smoking and other forms of tobacco use
- Drinking coffee, tea or red wine
- Eating berries or other foods with a dark pigment
One of the biggest culprits of a dull smile is the normal aging process. If you are older, you probably have already experienced dramatic changes in your body. The same changes happen to your smile. As you age, your tooth enamel becomes thinner and more transparent, allowing you and others to see the layer underneath the enamel. This underneath layer is called dentin, and it is normally a yellow color. As you age, dentin becomes darker and even more yellow. Dullness and a yellow cast are the hallmarks of an aging smile.
Fortunately, you can whiten your smile and get your confidence back. Our dentists provide an in-office whitening treatment that can revitalize your smile. In-office professional teeth whitening is a fantastic option for rejuvenating your smile because a teeth whitening treatment provides:
- Dramatic results; you can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades whiter.
- Long-lasting results; your white smile can last up to 5 years.
- Quick results; your whitening treatment will take about an hour.
- Safe results; in-office teeth whitening has a long history of safety and effectiveness.
- Inexpensive results; professional teeth whitening costs far less than other cosmetic dental treatments.
If your confidence is suffering from a less-than-wonderful smile, it’s time to get your confidence back with a whiter smile. For more information about professional teeth whitening and other cosmetic and restorative dental services call Dr. Cozad, Dr. Garri, and Dr. Borges at Allure Smile Center in Miami Lakes, FL today!
Your teeth come in contact with all sorts of soft drinks, hot beverages, and foods every day. This can create stains and discoloration over time. Because the stains develop on the exterior surfaces of the teeth, they can usually be bleached away with whitening products. Learn the difference between over-the-counter bleaching products versus professional teeth whitening from the professionals at Allure Smile Center, a Miami Lakes dentist office.
If you visit your local pharmacy or grocery store, you’ll find loads of over-the-counter whitening products in the dental care aisle. They range from whitening strips to mouthwashes that claim to be able to rinse the stains away. There are a few things to know about these whitening solutions:
- You must commit to using the product consistently, usually over the course of several weeks, to get noticeable results.
- You may get an improvement of a couple of shades, which may not be significant enough to see real results when you smile, and may not last long.
- If you have sensitive gums, you must be very careful about how you use and apply OTC whitening products.
Professional Teeth Whitening
When you have your teeth whitened professionally by your Miami Lakes dentist, you don’t have the same concerns as you would have with OTC whitening products. For one, you don’t have to wait weeks for a nicer smile—it happens in the course of about 60-90 minutes. Secondly, the smile improvement is up to eight shades and can last for several years. Finally, since your dentist performs the whitening treatment and protects your gums, there are little to no worries about gum sensitivity.
Why a Whiter Smile Is Important
Many patients consider teeth whitening to be an optional treatment, but there are a number of reasons why you should prioritize a whiter smile as a part of your lifestyle:
- Whiter teeth give your mouth and face a more youthful appearance.
- When your teeth are more attractive, you’re more compelled to smile, which does wonders for your mood.
- When your teeth look beautiful and healthy, you are more motivated to keep them looking and feeling that way with regular brushing, flossing, and dental visits.
Rediscover Your Smile
Find out just how beautiful your smile can be with teeth whitening at the Allure Smile Center in Miami Lakes, FL. Call the office for an appointment today at (305) 827-9148.